We are pleased to announce record attendance for the Building Workshop that was held on February 3, 2016! Thank you to Cook County Extension for co-hosting the event, in conjunction with Arrowhead Cooperative, Buck's Hardware, Cook County Chamber of Commerce, the Cook County/Grand Marais EDA, Cook County Home Center, Cook County Planning and Zoning, Enercept, Grand Marais PUC, InFaith Community Fund, Isak Hanson's, Sawtooth Lumber and Marvin Windows.
Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) is now available in Cook County.
CCLEP Action Plan
- Engender community conversation about energy issues through public meetings, radio shows, newspaper articles, on-line postings, and a dedicated website.
- Build and strengthen a network of interested parties to improve communication about, and increase coordination of, local energy projects.
- Investigate feasibility of various energy efficiency and renewable energy production options specific to Cook County.
- Gather, organize, and make available, information about energy issues.
- Develop and maintain a website to make energy information easy to access and useful to our community.
- Engage with local units of government to enact policies that enhance local energy efficiency and renewable energy development.
- Encourage the establishment of a local energy industry by assisting local businesses and non-profits with their energy projects.
- Develop, maintain and implement a county wide Energy Plan.
We pursue this goal in order to achieve the following community benefits:
- Retain energy dollars in our local economy.
- Create jobs.
- Improve quality of life through more comfortable, less-costly, energy efficient housing.
- Buffer our community from unstable energy supply and pricing.
- Reduce harmful climatic and environmental effects of fossil fuel use.
- Reduce dependence on foreign oil.
- Increase local self-reliance.
- Transfer wealth and power into the hands of local citizens and their local utilities.