CCLEP received a grant from Clean Energy Resource Teams (CERTs) for a grant to produce three energy videos.
Find out more about our Residential Energy Efficiency Program, REEP
The Cook CountyLocal EnergyProject (CCLEP)is a nonprofit organization working for energy efficiency and clean, local, renewable energy development in Cook County, Minnesota.
CCLEP Action Plan
- Engender community conversation about energy issues through public meetings, radio shows, newspaper articles, on-line postings, and a dedicated website.
- Build and strengthen a network of interested parties to improve communication about, and increase coordination of, local energy projects.
- Investigate feasibility of various energy efficiency and renewable energy production options specific to Cook County.
- Gather, organize, and make available, information about energy issues.
- Develop and maintain a website to make energy information easy to access and useful to our community.
- Engage with local units of government to enact policies that enhance local energy efficiency and renewable energy development.
- Encourage the establishment of a local energy industry by assisting local businesses and non-profits with their energy projects.
- Develop, maintain and implement a county wide Energy Plan.
We pursue this goal in order to achieve the following community benefits:
- Retain energy dollars in our local economy.
- Create jobs.
- Improve quality of life through more comfortable, less-costly, energy efficient housing.
- Buffer our community from unstable energy supply and pricing.
- Reduce harmful climatic and environmental effects of fossil fuel use.
- Reduce dependence on foreign oil.
- Increase local self-reliance.
- Transfer wealth and power into the hands of local citizens and their local utilities.